Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Perler bowls and coasters:

Ever since I was a little kid perler beads were so much fun to play with. I loved making so many different things. As I got older, I stopped playing so much with perler beads and got into other crafts. (It was probably friendship bracelet making.) This left me with a ton of left over beads. I found a great craft to do with all of these left over beads. That would be to make bowls out of them.

Things you will need:
-perler beads
-oven safe bowl/dish
-cooking spray
-oven

The first step is to spray the dish with cooking spray. This helps so you can remove the bowl at the end. This also helps for the perler beads to stick to the bowl better. You need to have a single layer of the beads along the bowl. You can put the beads up as far as you like.

Once this is done preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place the dish in the oven. Then you cook the bowls for 15 minutes or until they are fully melted at the tops.

I use a muffin tin to make my bowls. My boyfriend always gets some of the things I make. I made him a bowl with his fraternity colors, which are purple and gold. Here is a photo of what my finish product turned out like.  


I have also gone the traditional route the perler beads. I made a housewarming gift for one of my friends. I was inspired by a Tiffany's box. Here is what the coasters turned out like.


No comments:

Post a Comment