Thursday, August 16, 2012

PR's Buzzn: Start Up

I recently got an internship with Wolverine Solutions Inc. They launched an app called Buzzn. The app is currently offered for iPhones and will be on the android market soon.

Let me tell you a bit about the app first. I really like it. I think it is a great idea. The app allows you to share your social and academic calendars with your friends. First you create an account, add courses you are taking and events (work, meetings or social events) then you can add your friends. You can see your friends courses and events and vice versa. This makes planning around the busy college schedules sooo much easier. Here is a photo from Pic Stitch showing what Buzzn looks like.


These posts will be about things I did Buzzn or things I learned while working for them.

One thing that I've learned is people will sometimes have unrealistic expectations. I am evaluated based on how many downloads I generate for the app. My boss's boss was expecting the app to TAKE OFF right at launch. As much as I would love to see that from the app, sadly it is not realistic. For one thing, we haven't even started school yet. This makes promoting the app only possible for me over social media. I don't mind this really. I love social media. It is not the most effective way to generate downloads.

My current promotion is being done on the computer. Last night I sent out emails to roughly 100 student organizations on campus at Wayne State. I post on twitter and share Buzzn's information on Facebook. If you're reading this and you are a Wayne State student download this application! Also, please friend me (Allison Normand).

Thanks y'all

Love,
Ally Norm

No comments:

Post a Comment